the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Most Improved

Madison finished her last day of the Lady Eagle Basketball Camp today. This was the first year we braved basketball at all, and I do mean brave! We muddled through the season, and then embarked on the camp tradition to "develop those skills". I have to say, even I felt that pang of fear when we entered the gym on Monday. The camp was open to those "entering 2nd grade and up", so Madison was one of the youngest. She was a tad overwhelmed. Once I ushered her in, and she was settled with a basketball, she seemed capable of coping. Throughout the week she talked about the possible trophies at the end of the camp. She said over and over that she probably wouldn't get one because all those other girls were "so much better". God help me, today when they were handing out trophies, my fingers were actually crossed that they would call out Madison Scroggins!! THEN THEY DID!! She got a most improved award, and actually she IS more improved than the beginning of the week!!! Even I noticed it. That little fake gold statue was the little boost she needed to think she has pro basketball skills. Don't we all need a little fake gold every now and then? Just think of the possibilities.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

A trophy well earned. Way to Go Madison!