the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Inner Sap

After reading today's posts, my sister IM'd to tell me that I'm the sappiest person she knows-that all my posts leave her weepy. People always tell me my writing makes them teary, and I never know quite how to take that. I'm assured it's supposidly complimentary, but still-makes you wonder. While we were talking, I joked about my sappy factor-I am quite the sentimental one; I have always known this about myself. Cotton commericals and the preview for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants give me goosebumps. Lately, instead of hiding that fact, I have begun to embrace it. I often hestitate as I am about to post, or send my yearly Christmas letter wondering if I have pondered the year's events a little too much. Perhaps it's my advancing years (I've been told your thirties are when you find your voice), or perhaps it's this blog, but I am beginning to accept my inner sap and share it with the masses. Take it or leave it, it's who I am.

2 comments:

House said...

sissy! kidding...we need more people like u to make up for the people like me. I love u for your girliness!

Harry said...

And then some. I think sappy requires a certain amount of bravery that most of us either don't have or don't realize we have...