the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, June 12, 2008

7 going on 17


Madison turns 7 next Thursday, June 19. SEVEN! I can't believe that she's so old, and that I've been a mom for SEVEN years now. You'd think I'd sorta have the hang of it by now! User manual in progress I guess.




So, for her birthday she decided she was ready for earrings. She's been wanting them for a while, but when I noted that it hurt, she retracted. This week, she was ready for the pain associated with such beauty. We had a girl's day and went to Sweet and Sassy (a kid salon). She picked out the traditional gold balls, and sat ever so eagerly to await the right of passage. Now, I remember HUGE PIERCING GUNS-these were just little tiny things. I cringed as they pushed the earring through, and Madison didn't even cry!! Not one tear! They even did her ears one at a time, and she let them do both! I was a little shocked by the bravery, to be honest. But now she has beautiful ears. She loves them-as do we all.


We bravely hosted Madison's first slumber party to celebrate her 7th year. She invited 3 friends over, and they had a blast! I remember so well the thrill of a good slumber party. The late night talks, the junk food, and the o so tired feeling the next day. They made pizzas, popsicles, necklaces, bracelets...they played outside in the "clubhouse"...they played the Wii Fit (which I will discuss on a later post-pretty awesome game that one is)...they listened to Hannah Montana, and watched Hannah Montana, and talked about Hannah Montanna, and then remembered when they were first singing Hannah Montana...she's a pretty popular girl that Hannah Montana! I wasn't sure whether to tell them to go to bed, or just let them be. Finally around 1:30, I decided their moms would appreciate me stepping in-and they all crashed. When they woke around 9 this morning, we had a big breakfast complete with OJ in wine glasses-there's just something special about a wine glass. It was fun to watch the girl bonding, and the memories being made. The giggle factor rates this party a success, and Madison's taking a nap now-recovering from her first late night party.

No comments: