the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

this used to be our playground....

Today we planned on going to a peach orchard to harvest our very own fresh peaches. I led some members of my playgroup to the treasured destination (45 minutes away!) only to find out that the orchard will not open until after the 4th. I promise promise promise I called and left messages and checked the website, but tried to put away my OCD tendencies in favor of "letting things go" and "knowing it will all work out". whatever. This experience just solidified future OCD behaviors when making plans for groups of people. To make up for my spastic nonplanned plan, I decided to lead the playgroup peeps over to our old neighborhood playground with accompanying duckpond. (sounds like a good sell!) When we arrived, the kids were pumped about the ducks, and even though it was only our old neighborhood, we all seemed to go down memory lane a little. We talked about when the kids were little, those first days of mommyhood, and making the move to Decatur. It's been a trek for everyone that has taken it on. I even peeked in our old backyard at our now very LARGE tree. Looking around, I breathed in the memories of past walks through the neighborhood looking at pumpkins, walks around the pond watching for turtle heads, and going to the baby pool for a quick afternoon swim. Madison was 18 months old when we moved to Keller.
Tanner was born 5 months after we moved to Keller.

Grady was born 3 years after we moved to Keller-one year before the BIG MOVE to Decatur.


I think that little neighborhood will always make my heart smile-freshly picked peaches or not.




No comments: