the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Times

Also while in LA, I found the time to stop and see my friend Sean. Sean and I went to high school together here in the big metropolis of Decatur. We continued to be friends as I made the choice to go to Aggieland, and he chose that other school. We took a road trip out to California one of those summers with Brandi-which is still one of my most favorite memories from college. Driving through 3 states-following the England truck, Brandi and I trying to sneak in a stop or two to shop, Navajo Tacos (bluck!), and the culmination in LA. We found Sean's apartment and then hit the town-all 19 years of us. wow. Good times. I'm pretty sure Brandi colored her hair red while we were there too...

Now he's all grown up living with his betrothed, Carter, and being all successful as the creator, producer, and king of GREEK. It was surreal hanging in his house while he made beeritas (tasty beverages by the way) and cooked some yummy lunch. It's almost as if time stood still from the last time we were in LA together. Good friends are like that-it doesn't matter how much time passes between visits, we just pick right back up where we left off. There's no stiff back-only lounging on the couch. A safe haven. Home.

1 comment:

Harry said...

Ahem, RE-dyed I believe.

I have really good pictures from that trip, too. They're my go-to nostalgia trip.