the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, February 11, 2010

ya, ya, so it's snowing again.

What a cluster of a day.  Todd and I didn't think the weather was supposed to get bad until tomorrow, so we were completely thrown by the winter wonderland we woke up to.  But, we got the kids dressed, planned for them to stay with his mom, and I planned on making the drive to Dragon Country.  Todd called from town about 10 minutes after I dropped the kids off, and told me to stay home, call a sub, whatever I had to do, that the roads were crappy.  But, that totally put me in a bind!  Who seriously is going to pick up the sub day at 8:00 in the morning when it's freaking snowing buckets outside?  It makes me stress and feel like a total slacker.  So, I made the trek to the city, only to have one class before school was cancelled.  So, I got back on the road and got home safely, because Todd told me to go STRAIGHT home.  He said he would be home ASAP, and he would get the kids from his mom.  Now I'm home alone, and everyone is stuck in the snow at their house.  I'm thinking of suiting up and making the hike over there.  I should be revelling in my alone time, but who wants to hang out by themselves on a snow day?

Bonus:  I just got the call that I have a snow day tomorrow.  :)  No craziness for us!  Maybe we will all be reunited by then!

No comments: