the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.  We've had much discussion in the Scroggins house as to what to sacrifice.  Last year, it was Diet Coke.  I know this is a horrible statement, but I just can't do it again.  For me, life isn't worth living if Diet Coke is not a part of it.  I'm pretty sure that's the definition of an addiction, but I'm ok with it.  It's my vice.  Good thing I only have one.  :)  The kids few around a few things-slushies, cookies, candy...but settled on Super Mario Brothers-this one as a family.  I've decided that game just makes people be mean, and everyone needs a break.  Todd and I are giving up red meat, which might be more of a sacrifice for him than me.  He stopped on the way home for one last indulgence for the next 40 days....

1 comment:

sharynh said...

We had Whataburger last night too...and it cost us $30 for a family of 5....Ridiculous!