the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Avett Brothers

Funny how you find bands that touch a chord with you. I had never heard of this group, but heard this particular song on 95.9 The Ranch and had to buy it. They are currently opening for Dave Matthews Band in concert, but I would place them in alternative country/folk/bluegrass as their genre. I believe their roots are bluegrass, but you can tell that they are transitioning to a more mainstream sound. I read up on them and of course they are getting hammered by a few hardcore fans for selling out. I think the bluegrass/banjo has traditionally been more prevalent in previous albums. It does still show up in a few songs on their latest album. If you like this kind of music you should give them a try. Enjoy!



No comments: