the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mama Mia

I haven't yet mentioned that my Tanner-he's a little obsessed with music. Anything to do with music. He lives for guitar hero, and wants to play a real guitar so badly he can hardly stand it. As soon as my video camera becomes compatible with my computer again, I'll upload a video of him playing. He's better than Todd. Seriously. One day at church he literally ran into the person in front of him during Communion because he was staring at the instruments, and trying to figure out how the "flute worked". He's drawn into a rhythm or lyric before he even realizes what he's doing. He likes to rock-his words, not mine.

Today, I volunteered in Tanner's classroom while his teacher gave individual reading tests to each student. They were working on their "green assignment"; cutting, coloring, and pasting at their own pace. There seemed to be a soft hum going along with all this kindergarten crazy, and then one student busted out with "Mama Mia, here I go again. My, my how can I resist you?" The rest of them chimed in with him. Before I knew it the entire class was singing along, and guess who was their ringleader.

Yep. Tanner.

I almost lost it right then. Tanner's teacher laughed along with me, and told me how they all just started singing it yesterday. She had no idea where it came from or why they were doing it. I had to confess-yesterday, when Todd left for school, there was an ABBA singalong going on in the truck.

Everything you needed to know you learned in kindergarten, right? According to Tanner, Mama Mia lyrics are part of the curriculum.

3 comments:

House said...

aw, yes...proud moment indeed! :)

Harry said...

At least they have better taste in music than I did at that age...I seem to remember Conway Twitty being a favorite for singalongs.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...your awesome!

Alaska