the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

&%$...#@&%...#@%&

There are many changes taking place in our lives with the move to Decatur, but a rather unexpected change is the more than occassional use of the four letter word by our sainted and sweet son Tanner who is not quite 4 years old. I guess these are the hazards of moving in with an ex-marine for an extended stay. Just this morning over breakfast Tanner pounded his fist on the table and exclaimed "Shit...Shit...Shit!". It is hard not to laugh. Do you ever wonder why kids really pick up on these words? I guess at the end of the day the occasional four letter word is fun to say. You have to especially appreciate the moments they use the word in the proper context and with the proper inflection, like the other day, when Tanner and I were fishing and a fish fell off of his line at the bank and he explain "Shit". All of us fisherman know that there really is not a more simple and understood word under those circumstances. And how did I handle it...I did what every good father should do...i turned my head and had a private approving chuckle.

No comments: