the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, August 2, 2010

Speaking of Weddings...


Todd and I celebrate our 14th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.  14 years ago today we were cleaning up the trailor park party room (for real), and kissing goodnight-looking forward to our wedding ceremony the next day among family and friends, and in our favorite place on earth-Aggieland.  So much has happened in the last decade and a half (almost!) that it's hard to wrap my mind around it all.  We've grown up.  We've had jobs.  We've quit jobs.  We've bought houses (that was houseS-PLURAL!).  We've bought cars.  We've had CHILDREN-3 OF THEM! We've said goodbye to Storm, Ringo, Windy, and Sandy.  We've welcomed Chrissy and Marley.  There have been fish, but we won't discuss those-there were many.  We've seen some of the world together.  We've made plans to see more of it, again, together.  We've made friends.  We've started traditions.  We've had fights.  Big ones.  Really Really BIG ones.  But, we always seem to make up.  Somehow, we always want to make up.  We're blessed...as friends, as partners, and as kindred spirits.  And that kindred spirit part-that's the very best part.  That's my favorite thing about Us.  We make our own fun, have our own adventures, and live on the same page...I can't wait to see the next 14 years...and spend them with my Biggest Fan.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

6 comments:

Patti D said...

tear...

Bean Counter said...

Where did all of that hair go?

Soña said...

Happy anniversary you two -- my very favorite married couple (shhh, don't tell my parents). Truly the only regret I have about my wedding was that we couldn't have you two stand up for us, as a married couple you are the two I want to emulate.

Goags89 said...

Happy anniversary to my favorite brother and SIL---love to you both. :) Cameron and I were just talking about your wedding earlier---the part where she fell asleep before her flower girl duties :)

sharynh said...

Congratulations! Hope you celebrate big tonight!!
Many Blessings for years to come. :)

natalie said...

WOW! Happy Anniversary. Special Day and so glad I could share it with you both!