the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, May 3, 2010

Toothless Tanner


Tanner FINALLY lost his front tooth over the weekend.  The incident was so monumental, I had to share it with the masses over at Mom's the Word.  Poop Fairy.  Of course Todd would say that.  Luckily, we didn't have to resort to asking the Poop Fairy to come visit; a note was good enough.

Is it majorly sappy that seeing these teeth fall out makes me sad?  The little kid look disappears with the emergence of the toothless grin and subsequent big grown-up teeth.  They begin to look like Big Kids, teenagers even, and it makes me wish for the snuggly days when they didn't even have teeth.  I guess it does make me a little sappy...but man, they work SO HARD for those baby teeth.  Tanner and I both lost sleep as they came in, as he worked his way through the fever and the drooling.  Which, by the way, doesn't seem that long ago...and now they are just falling out right and left-leaving this big kid in their wake. 

Such a Big Kid.

No comments: