the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, April 29, 2010

feeding my soul

Over at Mom's the Word this week I wrote about making the concious decision to slow down.  I know you all think it's my hippie chick taking over, but I truly feel that lately all I've been doing is complaining about my schedule and craziness in my life-much like a grandma complains of all her medical issues.  After a while, you just want to roll your eyes and tune her out!  But, I actually do see a light at the end of that tunnel.  And, it was a light of my own making.  After this weekend of complete quiet and still on the girl scout campout, and then a day of field tripping and walking down memory lane with Tanner, I really felt myself re-center, and refocus my life.  (NOW listen to this hippie chick a-talkin'!)  But, it's true.  This entire week of TAKS testing has left me homeless at school, so I've been incapable of getting there early to work on whatever was that never-ending to do list anyway, and it's MADE me let some things go.  By letting some pretty big things (for me) go, I've opened up space in my mind and my schedule, and the breathing room is AMAZING.  This week I took some time for a quiet happy hour to unwind from trapping adolescent boys from their food, and just this evening I was able to breathe in a night of softball and backyard music without thinking of my list.  Ok, well, I might have thought of my list-but I WAS SITTING STILL for HOURS!

Baby steps...but I have a plan, ok an outline for those baby steps.

1 comment:

Soña said...

Baby steps is right...well baby steps and more wine.