the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, March 29, 2010

4, already?


Four years ago today we welcomed our little Grady Logan into our family.  It's amazing to me to think that it's been that long, and I know everyone says that about their babies, but it's true.  Time flies.  I took this pictures in the front yard of our house in Keller.  In fact, all the children look so holy because I couldn't get them to look at the camera with normal looking faces, so I just told them to look at the baby-ta-da!  Little holy sweet children.  :)  They are precious though-look at little Father Tanner there...it almost looks like he is blessing Grady.
By the time Grady turned one we'd made the big move to Decatur, and were living with my parents-trying to figure out how to find a builder, and build our "dream home."  Before long, we abandoned the idea of a dream home, and just wanted a home.  Nevertheless...it was a dream to finally be living back home, near family, and part of our new community.
The year of two.  Grady recovered from his stay at Children's.  Tanner started kindergarten, so it was just Grady and I at home.  He missed them both everyday when they went to school, and had so many hardships learning how to go to his own school.  He still tries to work me with some of that, and I think he just loves being home-loves his siblings-and loves to be cozy.  Who wouldn't?
We hung on to that highchair probably longer than we should have, huh?  I loved the highchair.  I'm not sure I'll ever part with it or the crib.  Grady turned into all boy for the year of 3.  ALL BOY.  He's loud.  He's fast.  He love cars.  Especially cars with doors that open.  My God, he loves those things.
And today, here's my little guy with his breakfast cupcake, excited about his fun day ahead.  This was the first birthday he really relished, celebrated, and explored.  He took advantage of our "anything goes on your birthday" philosophy, and had a pajama day at his Gran's, played in a really big box while he was at it, jumped with his brother and sister, blew out some candles on his birthday cake, and opened some AWESOME presents.  Right now he's snuggling with his big brother, exhausted from celebrating his four years-four years of adding that little something to make our little family complete.

2 comments:

cdk said...

Happy birthday, Grady! Read your mom blog & I COULD NOT agree with you more about birthdays!!

sharynh said...

Happy Birthday little man! Our babies are growing up :-(