the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Goal!!

My Tanner, he is so sensitive, so sweet, and so athletically challenged. He is in his second season of soccer and he really does try. It's just that the ground is so uneven. It's so hard to keep a sure footing, ya know? How could anyone not fall? one. thousand. times. And when we fall, don't we all cry? I mean, it hurts, right? In any case I have literally prayed for him to make a goal. I just knew that tasting that sweet sense of accomplishment would give my Tanner the little boost he needs. daily.

Today it happened.

It may very well have been an accidental goal, as Tanner was still down field due to yet another injury when the ball literally ran into his feet. BUT STILL!! IT WAS A GOAL! I jumped up and down like a crazy soccer mom. His look of amazement was completely priceless, and my heart swelled to 3 times its normal size.

No comments: