the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, March 21, 2011

San Antonio Catch All...






After walking the River Walk, and taking the boat ride, we adventured to the San Antonio Children's Museum, along with everyone else in Texas.  While it was crowded, the kids really did seem to enjoy themselves.  Only my children would want to actually play chess with the Giant Chess board, or actually want to add up the prices in the grocery store.  :)  We spent the better part of Tuesday afternoon there, saving the Alamo for Wednesday.

 
 The kids were sooooooooooo excited to go to the Alamo, I'm guessing because they had talked about it in class.  Once Grady realized it was the site of a Battle, he was convinced Grandad fought there.  After I stopped laughing, I tried to explain it wasn't true, but I'm not so sure I was that convincing.  :)  We walked the grounds, and marveled at the bravery of the men.  I'm sure PawPaw would be so proud of all the history we talked about that day!





Of course, Sea World was my favorite thing of all.  Madison had a few memories of our trip a few years ago, but since Tanner was 2, and Grady was just a glimmer, it was a whole new world to them.  By the end of the day, they were making plans to become Whale and Dolphin trainers, and were in love with Shamu as they rocked out to the last show.  :)  Yep, my little thoughts are weaving into their little brains.  Overall, a wonderful break from reality.  Wonderful.  :)

No comments: