the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Wine Tasting

We did a little tasting over the holidays, but I'm just now getting around to making a post about them.  It's been on my to do list though, because I think we found a little goldmine at our local IGA.  :)


This was the first set of tastes, all Cabernet, and all under $10.  We threw the Wal-Mart Oak Leaf in there just to see how it held up.  They are pictured in order of best to worst.  Electric Reindeer from World Market was a favorite, with the two in the middle being VERY CLOSE.  That 337 was so dry I didn't have spit for a week after I tasted it.


Just showing you that we were official about this whole tasting, too.  No peeking.


The second set of tastes were blends, (cabernet, pinot, etc.).  These were also under $10.  They are pictured in the order they were ranked, and the Sebeka was the best by a ton.  It was the one I bought from the local IGA, and I think it was $7ish.  It had a little info attached to the shelf saying how it had won some award, so fell for it.  I'm so glad I did, too!  I quickly went back and bought a few bottles just to have on hand.

We are all undecorated now, and getting in the mood to hit school and work on Monday.  It really was a nice break from the daily grind.  As the years pass by, and the days seem to get more hectic, I'm really beginning to cherish this holiday for just that reason.  Somehow, we manage to unhectic ourselves a little and retreat.  I like that, and with a little wine tasting thrown in.  That's the stuff of life right there.

No comments: