the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School 2011





We survived the first day of school...again.  This one was way different though--even our Baby Grady started his very first day.  It just doesn't seem that long ago that we ushered Madison into her first day at Woodland Springs Elementary in Keller.  I had a lonely three year old Tanner and a baby Grady on my hands then, and I didn't see the end to diapers or sippy cups in my near future.  Now it's all big boy and girl cups and ipods.  Things change so fast.

I thought I had it together until our staff meeting this morning.  Somehow seeing all the things ready for school officially to start set me off, and I boo hoo-ed like no other.  In fact, if I had the chance, I would have literally sobbed.  I needed a dcoke break at 8 this morning, but instead I had a classroom of my own kids to get ready for fifth grade.  His teacher, Mrs. Joseph, was super sweet, saying she would take good care of him, and I was able to see him a little throughout the day.  But still, he's only going to get bigger from here.  :(  The other two survived no problem-even Madison with her momma for a homeroom teacher.  We have a routine to settle into--there tends to be a lot of crazy that comes with the Scrogginseseses, but it is nice to know we are all in this together.

No comments: