the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!!!






School was canceled early this morning for "the coldest temperatures in more than a decade."  And, in addition thundersleet, ice and snow.  So, good reason to stay homebound.  I've talked at length about my love of snow day-the necessity of staying home and doing some massive family bonding.  Today we had a Julie Andrews marathon-if two movies counts as a marathon:  Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music.  I just love both those movies, and now the kids are walking around singing "Do, a deer, a female deer..."  I couldn't be more proud.

We feasted on a Scroggins family favorite-Todd's popcorn, too.  I don't know what is different about popcorn popped in a skillet, but it's yummy!  Now we are stuck watching a crazily dorky movie the kids picked.  Shoot me now-but at least it's not The Power Rangers.  I plan to throw them in bed soon, after a shot of nyquil, and watching something much, much more entertaining.

We are off again tomorrow-and I'm thinking a Wii Marathon might be in order to keep these hoodlums occupied for another whole day.  We'll see.

We get these a couple times a year-a blessing and a curse at the same time, but worth it I think.  :) 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

natalie said...

Pretty, but make it go away...PLEASE!

Patti D said...

I've only had 1/2 of one snow day so far and i'm going nuts...