the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010 & Grandpa





















What?  A real post!  Crazy!  My phone has definitely affected the quality of my bloggyness I'm afraid.  It's just too easy to upload a picture on the go, and also Blogger changed a few things on how to make these fancy posts, and those changes annoy me.  Picture uploading is much more of a process now, but with the new 2011, I am making a new dedication to capturing the Scroggins Clan moments on a weekly basis.  :)

But, back to Christmas...we just finished two weeks of Christmas vacation, relaxing from our everyday crazy routine with a bonus of hanging out with my Grandpa.  I was so excited to spend Christmas with him!  The last Christmas I remember spending with my grandparents was when I was in 6th grade!  Very long time ago!  The kids drew silly pictures, messed up Grandpa's nonexistant hair, and gave lots of poison kisses.  We made Christmas Star Wars cookies (ok, just normal Star Wars Cookies), and a gingerbread village.  We watched White Christmas and The Grinch.  We teased him about eating peaches and mushrooms.  We drank Shlitz Beer with him.  We went to Christmas Mass, and opened presents together.  It was really wonderful having him here, and the kids were a little sad today when they realized he'd gone back to Ohio for a while.  They are hoping he comes again really soon-to watch them play baseball in the spring.  I love that they've built this relationship with him.  The blessing overwhelms me if I think about it, because I see his genuine love for them-his genuine admiration for the time spent with them, and he loves them for being them.  And....I love that.  I bathe in it. 

We did the other usual traditions...made cookies with Gran...went to Nocona and Bowie to visit Todd's grandparents...visited with Aunt Patti (even had an Aunt Patti day o' fun!)...went to the Gaylord to see Santa...watched the Christmas Parade on the Square...shopped for Angels...a busy, fun month.  I'm always a little sad to see the Christmas tree come down, but can't complain about the fun we had.  Madison asked for paint (BIG BOTTLES!).  Tanner asked for an iTouch.  Grady asked for a rocket.  I guess they were on the nice list because Santa delivered.  In fact, Tanner woke up at 2 a.m. Christmas morning to check it out, and woke the rest of the house in the process.  After checking out the goodies, everyone went back to sleep before waking up again at 8:30.  My favorite part is watching the excitment on Christmas morning, and having the luxury to spend that time together.  :) 

I want to upload a few more pictures, but Blogger is being the boss of me.  :)  For now, Happy Christmas 2010!  Ready for 2011!

1 comment:

Patti D said...

LOVE the pics! you should send colin the link i'm sure he'd enjoy the blog!