the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I kinda don't know what to do...

Today was the very first day the Cleaning Lady came, and I'm just in awe of the house.  I keep walking from room to room just bathing in the cleanliness that surrounds me.  Now, I know how spoiled it sounds, and I acknowledge that I don't NEED someone to clean my house.  But, I did warn Todd that my sanity would be in question if I didn't somehow find some help with the laundry or the house.  And, to his credit, he has REALLY stepped up since school started back up, and has made dinners weekly.  But, with three kids now running to three different baseball-type practices, school, and everything else (that I know we all have some version of), something had to give.

And I'm just so glad it wasn't my sanity.

Tonight we finished dinner early, and are now all curled up watching one of the many Star Wars movies we have on hand (it was Tanner's pick).  I'm folding laundry here and there, but honestly?  I have this weird thing I'm not used to.  Free Time.  I even already submitted my Mom Blog for the night-usually that's a 10:00-ish chore.

It's weird.  Nice weird, but still...Weird.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! You deserve it. We had to hire a lawn service for the rest of the summer. You are right, something had to give with a MIA husband. I have to say, I am already hooked. 30 minutes for something that usually takes a couple of hours.. I have a feeling they will be hired in the spring as well. :)

Soña said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found some time for you. Cleaning lady is my total splurge. I give up pedicures for her. It's so worth it. There's no better day than cleaning lady day IMO. Well Saturday. But cleaning lady day is a close second.