the story of growing up Scroggins

Friday, April 4, 2008

The Ivy

We live in a poison ivy forest. I discovered this last weekend when the telltale rash appeared on my left forearm. I have got to have the WORST REACTION TO POISON IVY EVER. If you want to kill me, put me in this forest from hell and my skin will turn on me-in the way drunk people turn on sober people in a social gathering. Only worse. Luckily, my skin did not revolt as usual, and let my immune system do some the necessary work to heal. Unfortunately, I still have what looks to be a touch of Necrotizing fasciitis (a.k.a flesh eating bacteria). My skin sucks. But I digress-back to the issue of the poison ivy forest. There is one grove of trees that is INFESTED with the ivy-any green leaf in the area is the devil. I declared war on the ivy yesterday with some poison of my own (in the form of roundup-poison ivy version). I'll keep you posted on the battles. In the meantime, the ivy isn't just in that grove in the backyard, it's in my every waking thought. I think it's out to get me.

I feel it is my duty to perform a public service announcement on this topic and post a picture of the wretched plant.

BEWARE!!!

1 comment:

House said...

Not COOL...Jeremy and I were just admiring our ENORMOUS patch of fresh, new poison ivy popping up ALL over our treed area. I agree. It is from the Devil and MUST DIE!!! Good luck recovering. Zanfel works well...hurts like hell and costs an arm and a leg, but it's good.